You have specific data protection rights under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘UK Act’), and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) which came into force on 25 May 2018.
Who we are
When you apply for a product or service via a link on this website or via the telephone, your data will be processed and collected directly by the third-party insurer offering that product or service. As such, the use of your data is governed by that third party’s privacy notice:
• Travel Insurance provided by Goodtogoinsurance.com
• Travel Insurance provided by Insurewithease.co.uk
• Travel Insurance for Irish Residents provided by Goodtogoinsurance.eu
• Wedding Insurance provided by Wedinsure.co.uk
• Airport Services provided by Holidayextras.co.uk
• Landlord Home Emergency provided by Surewise.com
• Domestic Home Emergency provided by Surewise.com
• Home & Contents Insurance provided by Sagic.co.uk
• Home Buyers Protection provided by Surewise.com
• Household Appliances provided by Surewise.com
• Landlord Legal Expenses provided by Surewise.com
• Landlord Rent Guarantee provided by Surewise.com
• Mobility Scooter provided by Surewise.com
• Storage Insurance provided by Surewise.com
What information do we collect?
You don’t have to provide any information to us to use this website. If you contact us via telephone for a quote for one of the products or services that we offer on behalf of a third-party then we may ask questions and collect certain information on their behalf in order to provide you with a quote for that product or service. This information includes the following:
Personal Information – Names, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, salutation, and your marketing preferences.
If you provide us with information about another person, for example another family member on a family travel insurance policy, you are confirming that they have appointed you to act on their behalf to consent to the processing of their personal data, including sensitive personal information, such as medical conditions, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out in this Privacy Notice) for which their personal data will be processed.
How we use the information we collect about you?
The information you provide to us is collected and processed by the third party providing the products and services you request for the following:
• Giving you a quote for an insurance policy;
• Setting up an insurance policy on your behalf;
• Issuing you with an insurance policy;
• Servicing your policy (including claims assistance, policy administration, payments and other transactions)
• Detecting, investigating and preventing activities which may be illegal or could result in your policy being cancelled or treated as if it never existed;
• If you agree, to contact you regarding other products and services that we or they think may be of interest to you.
How we store and protect your information
We may from time to time send you information about other products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We will only do so if you have consented to receive marketing (opt-in). You may opt out of marketing at any time. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do this simply write to us at the address below or contact us by email (See How to Contact Us section below). We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. As such, you may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
• To enable progression through the website to ensure a seamless experience
• To provide information that can help us to understand what interested you on our website
• To track clicks to a third party affiliate
• To measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site
If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete Cookies from SFI Limited, you can use your browser to do this. www.aboutcookies.org provides full details on how to manage Cookies on different types of web browsers. However, please note preventing cookies may impact your experience on this website.
How to contact us
In writing: Shopping For Limited, 1 Towerfield Close, Shoeburyness. Essex SS3 9QP
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0344 249 1702
If you wish to make a complaint about the use of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details above. You can also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/